Monday 9 December 2013

Last (talk before) Christmas

OK, so first things first. I've always: 
1) been a huge fan of the reindeer hat; 
2) wondered what George Michael had actually given as a present to the other guy (if anything!). 

On a much less serious note, as I managed to get (nearly completely) out of teaching for Term 1, I've been able to spend a bit more time on preparing and giving talks this year, particularly since September. On Sunday, I'll present the paper on Bayesian cost-effectiveness analysis for structural zero costs (a preliminary version of the full paper is arxived here, but the paper has also been accepted for publication in Statistics in Medicine and will be open-access shortly $-$ I think I'll talk about this in a separate post) at the 6th International Conference of the ERCIM WG on Computational and Methodological Statistics.

This will be my first time at ERCIM, so I'm not sure what to expect $-$ the session (ES19, room B33) looks quite interesting, although topic of my talk is probably a bit at odds with the others. Anyway, I've given this talk already a few times and for different audiences (eg here) but this time it will be a bit different, because of the changes to the model that I've made in response to the referees' comments and also because of the much shorter time $-$ only 15 minutes this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment