The five of us have decided we should take these to the next level and so have arranged to merge the two programmes and enjoy a well in late Spring next year in Florence. Now, you may think I'm massively biased (because Florence is my home town) $-$ and partly I am $-$ but the place we chose and managed to book is really awesome.
The programme of the lectures in the summer school is the following:
- Introduction to health economic evaluations
- Introduction to Bayesian inference
- Introduction to Markov Chain Monte Carlo in BUGS
- Cost and cost-utility data
- Statistical cost-effectiveness analysis
- Probabilistic sensitivity analysis (PSA)
- Advanced topics in PSA
- Model error and structural uncertainty
- Evidence synthesis (1) - hierarchical models
- Evidence synthesis (2) - network meta-analysis
- Markov models
- Introduction to the theory of the value of information
- Expected value of partial information (1) - theory & algebraic tricks
- Expected value of partial information (2) - nested Monte Carlo
- Expected value of partial information (3) - generalised additive models & GP regression
- Expected value of partial information (4) - GP regression via integrated nested Laplace approximation
- Expected value of sample information (1) - conjugated analysis
- Expected value of sample information (2) - regression-based methods
We have planned for a maximum of 30 participants $-$ in previous editions, we've had most people coming from the UK. This time we're hoping for an "inverse-Brexit" to branch out more widely to other European countries. Participants will all be able to stay at the Centro Study (there are 10 single and 10 double rooms available, so book quickly if you definitely want a single!).
The registration fee also includes a copy of the three main books used as reference in the course: BMHE, The BUGS Book and Evidence Synthesis for Decision Making in Healthcare. We'll also prepare a full set of handouts and computer code (R and BUGS) that we use in the practicals.
Registration is already available (from now to the end of April) on the UCL Store. We offer a lower rate for students!