Mapi and us (as in UCL/Stats Science) have a very good working relationship $-$ in fact, we do have an ongoing research project which I am leading. I find interaction with them very interesting and helpful $-$ we get to work on "real-life" problems and usually the issues we have to face are very interesting and challenging from the methods point of view.
For example, some of the work on survival analysis in health economics that I have mentioned here has originated by a project I was working on together with colleagues in Mapi's London office.
Anyway, I'm copying the text of the advert below!
Our company is offering a paid 6 month internship for MSc graduates in statistics. This internship is based in Utrecht or London and the candidates must have the right to work in the Netherlands or UK to apply for this role. This is a unique opportunity for an individual with a background in (bio-) statistics to gain experience in the field of health economics and outcomes research. The successful intern will work as a Research Assistant and will report to a Research Manager in our Real World Strategy & Analytics unit. A Research Assistant will be required to undertake the following activities:
- Evidence synthesis (meta-analysis, indirect treatment comparison, network meta-analysis) - including dataset preparation, analysis, preparation of tables/graphs with results, interpretation, reporting;
We are also open to ideas about small research projects (research focused internship) that could for example lead to a publication. The ideal intern's personality and qualifications:
- Development/adaptation of economic models for decision making – including: VBA programming, analysis, preparation of tables/graphs with results, interpretation, reporting;
- Masters degree or higher in (bio-) statistics (applied mathematics, operational research, economics or relevant are also considered);
- Good knowledge of R (SAS and WinBUGS/OpenBUGS are a plus);
- Fluent in written and spoken English;
- High level of proficiency with Word and Excel;
- High attention to detail;
- Analytical and organised;
Candidates can find more details about our company on our website: http://mapigroup.com. Applications, including a CV and motivation letter, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications: May 31st
- Proactive in communication.